C01 Accelerated Career: How to Decide and Plan Your Doctorate Degree PathJan 29, 2022 2022-07-01 15:36
About the course
Taking up a doctorate sets you apart from the rest. It establishes you as an authority or specialist in a specific field of human endeavors. It makes you come across as a knowledgeable and go-to person. Having a prestigious doctorate on your profile makes you more available in the market and presents you as a key differentiator. If you are at a turning-point stage in your corporate management career, where you are actively thinking of attaining the highest level of educational degree to create that extra edge in your career, then this course is for you.
In this self-paced online introductory course, Dr. Raman K Attri shares his personal experience and research on making the right decisions. The course answers the mysteries and behind-the-scenes truth of attaining a doctorate degree with reasonably less-taxing efforts. Through several reflective sessions embedded in the course, you will assess your own journey if taking up a doctorate degree path is the right approach for you. Having completed two doctorates in a brief period, Dr. Raman will guide you through how to plan for this daunting path.
- Identify the skills, competencies, and expertise required to undertake successful doctorate research.
- Identify how you can leverage your current and previous practice-based experience and translate that into doctorate research.
- Understand and identify your drives and career goals
- Understand the complete picture of a typical doctorate journey
- Assess how a doctorate degree is a right choice for your career
- Identify the potential challenges and pitfalls
- Analysis of skills required to complete a doctorate degree
- Self-assessment of your readiness for a successful doctorate degree
- Decision matrix to help you prioritize your goals, decisions, and timing
- Choose the least effortful pathway as working professionals
- How you can do a doctorate successfully part-time alongside your day job
- Prepare a plan for your doctorate journey
- Master’s degree in business or equivalent discipline
- Management professionals
The course is delivered in managerial and practice-oriented language, keeping the academic jargon out away.
Time (3.5 hours)
Set aside 3.5 hours of your time to finish this course while going through all the written content, videos, resources, and reflection exercises. 100 minutes – video, 80 minutes – content, exercise, and reflections.